HydraFacial – facts and benefits
In the skincare industry, experts are always working to engineer solutions that can target skin and the multiple issues that can affect the largest organ in the body, the most visible element of which is the face. One such solution is HydraFacial, a patented skin treatment that is facilitated through expert technology with the aim of improving the look, feel and health of your facial skin and beyond. At the end of your Hydrafacial treatment your skin will feel cleaner, fresher, smoother, plumper, and glowing.
There are a range of options to choose from when searching for a HydraFacial in Hertfordshire, therefore before you visit an expert for this treatment to rejuvenate your skin, it might be helpful to read some more about this skincare treatment.
What Is HydraFacial?
It is a medical grade facial employing a unique skin care process consisting of cleansing, extracting and hydrating your skin. This is a completely non-invasive procedure and may appear similar to a facial you have in your local spa, only the results are typically longer lasting and utilise medical grade ingredients in order to actively improve and promote your skin health.
A mechanised wand that utilises vortex technology is used on your facial skin for deep cleaning and exfoliating the skin, whilst simultaneously treating the skin with specially prepared serums that are targeted to your skin type and conditions your skin may suffer from (eg. Acne and rosacea), performed with the following five steps:
- Detox: beginning with lymphatic drainage in order to awaken the lymphatic system of you face, thereby improving lymph drainage and toxin elimination.
- Cleanse & Peel: gentle exfoliation and peeling removes the outer layer(s) of skin cells, resurfacing the skin by uncovering a layer of new layer of skin cells.
- Extract and Hydrate: The patented vortex-fusion technology at the Hydropeel tip of the wand extracts dirt and debris from your pores by painless suction, facilitating better penetration and effects of the serums that serve to nourish, moisturise and improve the health of your skin.
- Fuse & Protect: By saturating the surface of your skin with antioxidants and peptides, Hydrafacial helps the glow of your skin
- Rejuvenation: The final step is with the use of LED light to reduce redness, combat acne causing bacteria, stimulate collagen production and support vitamin D production. Here at MD Aesthetics we go one step further in utilising the Dermalux LED system.
Benefits of HydraFacial
- Plumper, hydrated skin: This helps with the fine lines and wrinkles in your skin, making them less visible, and improves the elasticity and firmness of your skin.
- Improved skin texture: the surface of your skin will be smoother and softer as a result of the exfoliation and peeling of your skin.
- Decongested and less oily skin: blocked, congested pores will be decongested and the excess oil and sebum reduced, helping with inflamed skin, pimples, blackheads and Acne.
- Suited for all skin types: This skincare procedure is suitable for all skin types.
- Customisable treatment: Treatments are customisable, from the Booster serums used, to the range of LED light colours utilised in the last step of the treatment, dependent upon your skin type, current skin condition, texture, and the extent of damage your skin may have experienced.
- No downtime: treatment results will be immediately obvious and will continue to improve over the day(s) after your Hydrafacial treatment, with no downtime nor restrictions on activity after your treatment.
In addition to the Hydrafacialä treatment to the facial skin, two additional treatments can be performed either as treatments on their own, or in addition to the facial treatment.
- Hydrafacial Eye perk – this is a treatment to your upper and lower eyelids and area around your eye socket, and includes a serum to take home with you to continue your treatment at home.
- Hydrafacial Lips – this treats your lips and includes a hydrating SPF30 lip balm to take home.
A first of its kind treatment, Hydrafacial Keravive aims to improve and restore a healthy scalp, through the removal of dead skin cells, unclogging follicles, improving scalp circulation and hydrating dry scalp skin – all serving to stimulate hair growth and provide you with healthier, thicker and fuller looking hair.
You attend for three treatments, a month apart, utilising the take-home spray for use in-between treatments and for ninety days after your final treatment.
Hydrafacial Keravive also serves to complement other hair-loss treatments including micro needling, oral and topical medications, PRP and hair transplantation preparation.
Who cannot have a Hydrafacial treatment?
Anyone of any age can have an Hydrafacial treatment, with the exceptions of:
- Pregnant women
- Aspirin allergy
- Shellfish allergy
- Active cancer
At MD Aesthetics, we aim to provide you with a positive experience if you’re looking for a Hydrafacial in Hertfordshire. Please get in touch with our experts to book this facial treatment.